Plan for your retirement
How it works:
- Any Canadian who is employed and files taxes can contribute to an RRSP.
- There is no minimum age to contribute.
- Contribute until December 31 of the year that you turn 71.
- Spousal and individual plans are available.
- Contribute up to a set maximum every year into your RRSP account.
- You receive a tax receipt for contributions to reduce your taxable income.
- Income from an RRSP is taxable only when withdrawn.
- Your unused annual contribution rolls over for use in future years.
Choose to invest your money in savings accounts, guaranteed investment certificates (GICs), mutual funds* or other securities such as stocks*, bonds* and ETFs*.
You may also be interested in
Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.