Just because you stop working, doesn't mean your money should
How it works:
- Consolidate your RRSP accounts when you’re ready to start using your money and convert to a RRIF.
- Open your RRIF anytime before the end of the year you turn 71.
- Make your first withdrawal by December 31st of the year you turn 72.
- Withdraw as much as you need from your RRIF annually (there’s a yearly minimum that must be taken).
- Our ACU Advisors can help guide you through this process and provide advice on how much you may need to withdraw to supplement your other sources of retirement income.
Choose from a variety of investment options including savings accounts, guaranteed investment certificates (GICs), mutual funds* or other securities such as stocks*, bonds* and ETFs*.
Featured advice and stories
6 simple answers to make estate planning easy
Finance basics: Get to know mutual funds
Financial wellness: How to feel good about your finances
You may also be interested in
Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.