Election packages have been mailed out to all members eligible to vote.
- Voting ends at 3pm February 26, 2021.
- You can vote online. See the Your Vote Counts tab for information about candidates, and a link to the secure voting site.
- Check the Important Dates tab for dates leading up to the Annual Meeting.
- View the Member Resolutions tab for detailed information on the resolutions to be voted on.
- View the 2021 Candidates tab for information on the six candidates, and a link to their candidate information.
- Link to the Annual Meeting page.
Candidates are available to answer questions from members between January 27 and February 24, 2021. Submit your question by email directly to a candidate at the email address provided at the top of their candidate information. See 2021 Candidates for information.
The general election process, from the Call for nominations and members resolutions to election results, runs from October 2, 2020 to March 16, 2021, as outlined below:
- October 2 – November 2, 2020
Call for Nominations and Member Resolutions.
- November 2, 2020
Nominations and Member Resolutions closed at 3pm.
- November 5 - 10, 2020
- January 27, 2021
Voting opens. See the Your Vote Counts tab for more information.
- January 27 - February 24, 2021
Candidates available to answer member questions.
- February 26, 2021
Voting closes at 3pm. Deadline for ballots.
- March 16, 2021
Annual Meeting. Election and Resolution results announced.
The call for nominations ended November 2, 2020 at 3pm.
Candidate information is published online and in the voting package sent to all members eligible to vote.
- See the Your Vote Counts tab for more information about the candidates, resolutions, and casting your ballot.
The deadline for submitting member resolutions ended at 3pm, November 2, 2020. All resolutions submitted prior to that time were considered by the Board of ACU.
For 2021, there is ONE resolution to consider: See the Member Resolutions tab for details.
Resolutions that are not part of the election package (and therefore, members have not received notice) will be ruled out of order if raised at the Annual Meeting. However, a member may propose from the floor at the Annual Meeting that “The Board of Directors consider …” a certain course of action and ask that the Board of Directors report back at the next Annual Meeting. A formal vote on any such proposal, however, will not be permitted.
For further information or to speak with a member of the Nominating Committee, please call Jocelyn Peifer Ross at 204.258.3424.
As a member of Assiniboine Credit Union, you have a vote and a say in how your business is run, how your profits are invested, and who represents you on our Board of Directors. Our annual meeting is a forum to exercise your democratic right as a voting member.
The voting period is now open. The election packages have been mailed to all members eligible to vote.
- For access to Financial Statements and Annual Reports for Assiniboine Credit Union, please check our Annual Report page.
- For information on our Annual Meeting, please see our Annual Meeting page.
- Go to the 2021 Candidates tab to find the 2021 candidates, or go directly to acuvote.ca for candidate details.
- Go to the Member Resolutions tab for details on the member resolutions to be voted on.
There are two matters to vote on this year, a resolution to change ACU's by-laws and the election of directors. There are THREE vacancies on the Board of Directors that are to be filled, all of which are three-year terms.
The vote on these matters will be carried out by online and mail-in ballot. Online voting will close at 3:00 pm on Friday, February 26, 2021. If you choose to mail your ballot, it must be postmarked on or before February 26, 2021.
There will NOT be an opportunity to vote at the Annual Meeting, except in the event of a tie for the last available position on the board, in which case, a vote to break the tie will be held at the meeting.
There are THREE vacancies on the board all for three-year terms. Six eligible members put their name forward as candidates for these positions. Of these candidates, the three with the highest number of votes will be elected to fill the vacancies on the Board of Directors.
In keeping with good governance practices, the board follows a rigorous endorsement process to determine which candidates best meet identified gaps and have the required skills and experience needed on the board at this time. This year the board searched for strong candidates who were 26-35 years of age and in early to mid-career. The board endorsed four candidates. The six candidates (in alphabetical order by last name) are as follows, with endorsed candidates noted with an * after their name:
CANDIDATE INFORMATION (biographies, messages to the membership, and answers to questions posed by the Nominating Committee) is available at acuvote.ca.
The ACU Board is recommending an amendment of ACU’s By-laws to authorize the holding of meetings and the attendance at meetings by telephone or electronic means, and to add certain statements in order to maintain the Credit Union’s B Corp certification (Amending By-Law No. 2021/01).
BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
1. Amending By-Law No. 2021/01 of the Credit Union, being a by-law to amend the By-Laws of the Credit Union, in the form provided to the members of the Credit Union with the notice of this annual meeting of the members, is hereby enacted, approved and confirmed without variation or amendment;
2. Any officer or director of the Credit Union is hereby authorized and directed to do and perform all such acts and things, including, without limitation, the execution of documents, necessary or desirable to give effect to the foregoing resolution, including, without limitation, the preparation of consolidated and restated By-Laws as at March 16, 2021, incorporating the amendments contained in Amending By-Law No. 2021/01
For full details, see the PDF Amending By-Law No. 2021/01